Lorin D. Warnick
Professor of Ambulatory and Production Medicine
Dept. of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ithaca, New York 14853
Tel: (607) 253-3771
Fax: (607) 253-3701
Research and Teaching Activities
My current research is focused on the epidemiology of Salmonella infections and antimicrobial resistance of enteric bacteria of importance in domestic animals and humans. I teach herd health, population medicine and health economics in pre-clinical courses. I also serve as Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- B.S. - 1984 Microbiology, University Honors and Cum Laude; Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
- DVM - 1988 With High Distinction; Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Ph.D. - 1994 Cornell University, Ithaca, New York. Major Field: Veterinary Medicine (Epidemiology Concentration), Minor Field: Statistics.
Certifications and Licenses
- Diplomate in the American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, July 1995
Research and Professional Experience
- 1995 - 1996 Statistical and Experimental Design Service Laboratory Faculty Coordinator; Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, Virginia.
- 1994- 1996 Assistant Professor of Large Animal Clinical Sciences; Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, Virginia.
- 1997- 1999 Ambulatory and Production Medicine Section Chief; College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York.
- 1996 - 2002 Assistant Professor of Ambulatory and Production Medicine; Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, , (joint appointment in the Section of Epidemiology).
- 2002 - 2008 Associate Professor of Ambulatory and Production Medicine; Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine .
- 2008 - present Professor of Ambulatory and Production Medicine: Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine .
Honors and Awards
- Phi Zeta Veterinary Honor Society, 1987.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1988.
- Graduate Research Assistantship, 1991-1993;
Dept. of Clinical Sciences, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, New York.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Association of Bovine Practitioners
Graduate Field Memberships
- Comparative Biomedical Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Epidemiology (Minor Field)
Publications in PubMed