Director, Cornell University Duck
P.O. Box 217
Eastport, NY 11941
Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences
College of Veterinary Medicine
- I am interested in research aimed at improving the diagnosis and control of economically significant diseases affecting the poultry industry.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The Ohio State University. Research: Molecular virology of infectious bursal disease virus.
- Residency in Avian Medicine and Diagnostics; University of California, Davis
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM). University of the West Indies, Trinidad, WI
Professional Society Memberships
- Diplomate of the American College of Poultry Veterinarians (ACPV)
- The American Association of Avian Pathologists (AAAP)
- The American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD)
- The Trinidad & Tobago Veterinary Medical Association
- Simone T. Stoute, Daral J. Jackwood, Susan E. Sommer-Wagner, Beate M. Crossley, Peter R. Woolcock, and Bruce R. Charlton. Pathogenicity Associated with Co-infection with Very Virulent Infectious Bursal Disease and U.S. Endemic Infectious Bursal Diseas Viruses. Journal Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation. 2013, doi: 10.1177/1040638713483538.
- Daral J Jackwood and Simone Stoute. Molecular Evidence for a Geographically Restricted Population of Infectious Bursal disease Viruses. In Press. Avian Dis. Avian Diseases 57(1):57-64. 2013.
- Daral J. Jackwood, Susan E. Sommer-Wagner, Beate M. Crossley, Simone T. Stoute, Peter R. Woolcock, and Bruce R. Charlton Identification and pathogenicity of a natural reassortant between a very virulent serotype 1 infectious bursal disease virus (IBDV) and a serotype 2 IBDV. Virology 420(2): 98-105. 2011.
- Daral J. Jackwood, Beate M. Crossley, Simone T. Stoute, Susan Sommer-Wagner, and Bruce R. Charlton. Diversity of Genome segment B from Infectious Bursal Disease Viruses in the United States. Avian dis. 53(2)321-6.2 011
- Adesiyun AA, Fosgate GT, Seebaransingh R, Brown G, Stoute ST, Stewart-Johnson A. Virulence of Brucella abortus isolated from cattle and water buffalo. Tropical Animal Health Production. 43(1): 13-6. 2011.
- Jackwood, DJ, Sommer-Wagner SE, Stoute ST, Woolcock PR, Crossley BM, Hietala SK, Charlton BR. Characteristics of a very virulent infectious bursal disease virus from California. Avian Diseases. 53 (4): 592-600. 2009.
- Simone T. Stoute, Daral J. Jackwood, Susan E. Sommer-Wagner, George L. Cooper, Mark L. Anderson, Peter R. Woolcock, Arthur A. Bickford, Gabriel C. Senties-Cue, and Bruce R. Charlton. The Diagnosis of Very Virulent Infectious Bursal Disease in California Pullets. Avian Diseases. 53 (2): 321-326. 2009.
- Simone T. Stoute, Bruce R. Charlton, Arthur A. Bickford, and Mark C. Bland. Respiratory Tract Trichomoniasis in Breeder Squab Candidates in Northern California. Avian Diseases. 53 (1): 139-142. 2009.
- Simone T. Stoute, A. A. Bickford, B. R. Charlton and R. L. Walker. Mycotic Pododermatitis and Mycotic Pneumonia in Commercial Turkey Poults in Northern California. Journal Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation. Vol. 21(4): 554-557. 2009.
- Simone T. Stoute, M. Bland and B. R. Charlton. A field comparison of farm production parameters in beak trimmed layers versus non beak trimmed layers in Northern California. Proceedings of 57th Western Poultry Conference. 52-54. 2008.
- Abiodun Adesiyun, Simone T. Stoute, Berenice David. Pre-processed bovine milk quality in Trinidad: Prevalence and characteristics of bacterial pathogens and occurrence of antimicrobial residues in milk from collection centers. Food Control.18: 312-320. 2007.