- Dr. Avery August's research on immune cells and how they prevent bone marrow transplant rejection featured in the Cornell Chronicle <more>
- Dr. Rodney Dietert shares invited article about introspection in research <more>
- Dr. Brian Rudd's research on infant immunity has been featured in both, the College News and Futurity. <more>
- Dr. Rodney Dietert is in the College News for an article on early immune education which was published on Eurkea. <more>
- Dr. Dwight Bowman and his lab were recently mentioned in the College News for identifying a mystery worm never before seen in cats. <more>
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology comprises an interactive faculty engaged in research in infectious disease and host immune response. We study a range of pathogens, including viruses, bacteria and parasites, and other insults such as toxins. Our immunology interests stretch from understanding immune protection to vaccine development. Consequently our faculty members are associated with many Graduate Fields. To meet our faculty, come join us at our TGIF, held every Friday afternoon on the 5th floor of VMC!