New Book Alerts
Would you like to be notified monthly regarding new books and e-books added to the Cornell University Library collections? Go to CUL New Books and take the steps described below. (This does not include journals, serials, recordings, maps, videos, manuscripts and databases.)
For assistance, contact Reference Services at 607-253-3510 or email@example.com. We would be glad to help with a one-time search or with setting up a monthly automated alert.
- Select the Library of Congress codes for your areas of interest.
Most frequent categories for those interested in animal health and veterinary medicine include:
|| Animal culture (this contains veterinary medicine)
|| Aquaculture. Fisheries. Angling
Set up choices in CUL New Books.
Select the call number range of the topic(s) you are interested in either by typing in the classification (e.g. SF) in the search box or by navigating to it by selecting the classification in the list provided (e.g. click on S Agriculture, then SF Animal Culture). See image below.
- Set up Google Reader.
- Go to the Google Reader page.
- Register by following the instructions on the screen.
- Make a note of your username and password.
- Set up RSS feeds
- Go back to CUL New Books.
- Navigate to the classification range you are interested in.
- Click on the symbol.
You will now receive monthly alerts.