1. Wilke MM, Nydam DV, Nixon AJ. Enhanced early chondrogenesis in articular defects following arthroscopic mesenchymal stem cell implantation in an equine model. J Orthop Res 25:913-925, 2007.
2. Goodrich LR, Nixon AJ. Genetic modification of chondrocytes with insulin-like growth factor enhances cartilage healing in an equine model. J Bone Joint Surg, Br 89:672-685, 2007.
3. Morisset S, Frisbie DD, Robbins PD, Nixon AJ, McIlwraith CW. IL-1ra/IGF-1 gene therapy modulates repair of microfractured chondral defects. Clin Orthop Relat Res 462:221-228, 2007.
4. Gratz KR, Wong VW, Chen AC, Fortier LA, Nixon AJ, Sah RL. Biomechanical assessment of tissue retrieved after in vivo cartilage defect repair: tensile modulus of repair tissue and integration with host cartilage. J Biomech 39:138-146, 2006.
5. Dahlgren LA, Mohammed HO, Nixon AJ. Expression of insulin-like growth factor binding proteins in healing tendon lesions. J Orthop Res 24:183-192, 2006.
6. Goodrich LR, Brower-Toland BD, Warnick L, Robbins PD, Evans CH, Nixon AJ. Direct adenovirus-mediated IGF-I gene transduction of synovium induces persisting synovial fluid IGF-I ligand elevations. Gene Ther 13:1253-1262, 2006; Epub 2006 May 18.
7. Semevolos SA, Nixon AJ, Fortier LA, Strassheim ML, Haupt J. Age-related expression of molecular regulators of hypertrophy and maturation in articular cartilage. J Orthop Res 24:1773-1781, 2006.
8. Donnelly BP, Nixon AJ, Haupt JL, Dahlgren LA. Nucleotide structure of equine platelet-derived growth factor-A and -B and expression in horses with induced acute tendinitis. Am J Vet Res 67:1218-1225; Erratum in 67:1627, 2006.
9. Haupt JL, Donnelly BP, Nixon AJ. Effects of platelet-derived growth factor-BB on the metabolic function and morphologic features of equine tendon in explant culture. Am J Vet Res 67:1595-1600, 2006.
10. Nixon AJ, Haupt JL, Frisbie DD Morisset SS, McIlwraith CW, Robbins PD, Evans CH, Ghivizzani S. Gene-mediated restoration of cartilage matrix by combination insulin-like growth factor-I/interleukin-1 receptor antagonist therapy. Gene Ther 12:177-186, 2005.
11. Dahlgren LA, Mohammed HO, Nixon AJ. Temporal expression of growth factors and matrix molecules in healing tendon lesions. J Orthop Res 23:84-92, 2005.
12. Haupt JL, Frisbie DD, McIlwraith CW, Robbins PD, Ghivizzani S, Evans CH, Nixon AJ. Dual transduction of insulin-like growth factor-I and interleukin-I receptor antagonist protein controls cartilage degradation in an osteoarthritic culture model. J Orthop Res 23:118-126, 2005.
13. Dahlgren, LA, Brower-Toland BD, Nixon AJ. Cloning and expression of equine type III collagen in normal and injured tendons of horses. Am J Vet Res 66:266-270, 2005.
14. Dahlgren, LA, Nixon AJ. Cloning and expression of equine insulin-like growth factor binding proteins in normal equine tendon. Am J Vet Res 66:300-306, 2005.
15. Strauss EJ, Goodrich LR, Chen CT, Hidaka C, Nixon AJ. Biochemical and biomechanical properties of lesion and adjacent articular cartilage after chondral defect repair in an equine model. Am J Sports Med 33:1647-1653, 2005.
16. Semevolos SA, Strassheim ML, Haupt JL, Nixon AJ. Expression patterns of hedgehog signaling peptides in naturally acquired equine osteochondrosis. J Orthop Res 23:1152-1159, 2005.
17. Semevolos SA, Nixon AJ, Strassheim ML. Expression of bone morphogenetic protein-6 and -2 and a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist in horses with naturally acquired osteochondrosis. Am J Vet Res 65:110-115, 2004.
18. Trippel SB, Ghivizzani SC, Nixon AJ. Gene-based approaches for the repair of articular cartilage. Gene Ther 11:351-359, 2004.