Make an Appointment
- Please call 607-253-3100 to make an appointment.
- The Theriogenology Service schedules regular appointments Mondays to Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- It is recommended for all elective surgical appointments that your animal's temperature be checked morning and night for three to four days before your appointment. If a temperature above 101.5 degrees F is noted, please call us for recommendations or to reschedule as long transportation or anesthesia for elective surgical procedures are not recommended with a recent fever.
- If your animal any signs of respiratory disease (coughing, nasal discharge, etc.), any lymph node enlargement or any diarrhea, please seek veterinary attention and call us to reschedule your appointment
- Please bring any pertinent medical records or have them faxed to 607-253-3787.
- Payment is required at the time of service. (See Financial Info.)
Theriogenology (Reproductive Medicine) Service
The Theriogenology Service at the Cornell University Hospital for Animals provides reproductive medicine services for farm animals including breeding management, a wide range of assisted reproductive techniques, semen freezing and supervision of high-risk pregnancies, as well as medical and surgical treatment for conditions related to the reproductive system. Our staff includes two board-certified veterinarians who collaborate with other veterinarians across the Northeast.
We offer the latest diagnostic, treatment and reproductive medicine techniques, and we provide emergency services and hospitalization in a state-of-the-art facility. Our hospital provides access to a broad range of specialists including anesthesiologists, radiologists and soft tissue surgeons to ensure our patients received the most comprehensive care possible. Our experienced staff provides nursing care 24 hours a day.
- Infertility diagnosis
- Embryo transfer
- Transvaginal oocyte recovery
- Invitro fertilization
- Semen cryopreservation
- Laparoscopic insemination