The American College of Veterinary Surgeons
A specialty organization that certifies veterinary surgeons and provides a source of referrals to pet owners.
1. Ortved K.F., Cheetham J., Mitchell L.M., Ducharme N.G. Successful treatment of persistent dorsal displacement of the soft palate and evaluation of laryngohyoid position in 15 racehorses. Equine Veterinary Journal. 2009. In Press. Epub May 2009
2. Cheetham J., Riordan A.S., Mohammed H.O, McIlwraith C.W., Fortier L.A. Relationships between race earnings and horse age, sex, gait, track surface and number of race starts and for Thoroughbred and Standardbred race horses in North America. Equine Veterinary Journal. In Press
3. Ducharme, N.G., Cheetham J, Sanders I, Hermanson JW, Hackett, R.P., Soderholm L.V., Mitchell L.M. Considerations for pacing of the cricoarytenoid dorsalis muscle by a neuroprosthesis in horses. Equine Veterinary Journal. In Press.
4. Pigott JH, Cheetham J, Mitchell L.M., Soderholm LV, Ducharme NG. Incidence of Swallowing during Exercise in Horses with Dorsal Displacement of the Soft Palate. In press.
5. Measurement of plasma cardiac troponin I concentration by use of a point-of-care analyzer in clinically normal horses and horses with experimentally induced cardiac disease. Kraus MS, Jesty SA, Gelzer AR, Ducharme NG, Mohammed HO, Mitchell LM, Soderholm LV, Divers TJ. Am J Vet Res. 2010 Jan;71(1):55-9.
6. Cheetham J, Pigott JH, Hermanson JW, Campoy L, Soderholm LV, Thorson LM, Ducharme NG. Role of the Hypoglossal Nerve in Equine Nasopharyngeal Stability. Journal of Applied Physiology 107 (2): 471-7. 2009
7. Racing performance after combined prosthetic laryngoplasty
and ipsilateral ventriculocordectomy or partial arytenoidectomy: 135
Thoroughbred racehorses competing at less than 2400 m (1997-2007). Witte
TH, Mohammed HO, Radcliffe CH, Hackett RP, Ducharme NG. Equine Vet J. 2009 Jan;41(1):70-5.
8. Rakesh V, Ducharme NG, Cheetham J, Datta AK, Pease AP. Implications of different degrees of arytenoid cartilage adduction on equine upper airway characteristics. Equine Veterinary Journal 40 (7) 629-635. 2008
9. Radcliffe RM, Cheetham J, Bezuidenhout AJ, Ducharme NG, Nixon AJ. Arthroscopic Removal of Palmar/Plantar Osteochondral Fragments from the Proximal Interphalangeal Joint in Four Horses. Veterinary Surgery. 37:733–740, 2008
10. Cheetham J, Witte TH, Soderholm LV, Hermanson JW, Ducharme NG. In vitro model for testing novel implants for equine laryngoplasty. Veterinary Surgery 37:588–593, 2008
11. Cheetham J, Piggott JH, Thorson LM, Mohammed HO, Ducharme NG. Outcome based assessment of the laryngeal tie forward procedure and its effect on laryngohyoid conformation. Equine Veterinary Journal. 2008 40 (5) 501-507
12. Cheetham J, Witte TH, Rawlinson JJ, Soderholm LV, Mohammed HO, Ducharme NG. Intra-articular stabilization of the equine cricoarytenoid joint. Equine Veterinary Journal (2008) 40 (6) 584-588
13. Rakesh V, Ducharme NG, Datta AK, Cheetham J, Pease AP. Development of equine upper airway pressure model for thoroughbred racehorses. Equine Veterinary Journal 2008 May;40(3):272-9
14. Cheetham J, Radcliffe CR, Ducharme NG, Sanders I, Mu, Hermanson JW. Neuroanatomy of the equine dorsal cricoarytenoid muscle: Surgical implications. Equine Veterinary Journal. 2008 Jan;40(1):70-5
15. Chalmers HJ, Cheetham J, Yeager AE, Ducharme NG. Ultrasonography of the equine laryngeal region – technique, normal appearance, and clinical applications. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. 2006 Sep-Oct; 47 (5) 476-481