Make an Appointment
- The ophthalmology service schedules appointments from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays to Thursdays.
- Please call 607-253-3060 to make an appointment.
- New York State Law required a valid rabies certificate be presented upon arrival. Failure to do so may result in your pet not being evaluated.
- Please bring any pertinent medical records or have them faxed to 607-253-3788.
- Payment is required at the time of service. (See Financial Info.)
The Ophthalmology Service at the Cornell University Hospital for Animals provides scheduled and emergency care for companion animals with eye and vision problems. Our staff include the board-certified ophthalmologists and residents who collaborate with other veterinarians across the Northeast to provide comprehensive eye care.
Our experienced veterinarians offer the latest diagnostic and treatment techniques using a state-of-the-instrumentation. We offer advanced diagnostics and we utilize advanced surgical techniques. We work collaboratively with other services in the hospital to provide a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of the full spectrum of veterinary ophthalmic disorders.
- Ocular ultrasonography (standard ocular and high resolution anterior segment scans)
- In vivo corneal confocal microscopy
- CT and MRI scans
- Orbital and adnexal surgery
- Corneal therapeutic and reconstructive procedures, keratotomies, grafts, and transpositions
- Cataract removal by phacoemulsification with intraocular lens implantation
- Glaucoma management
- Diode laser retinopexy and uveal neoplasia and cyst ablation