Phone: 607 253 3463
Fax: 607 253 3851
MAJOR RESEARCH INTERESTS|
- Study of the structure and function of the intestinal mucosa, and of the factors which regulate or modulate expression ofdifferentiated characteristics in the intestinal epithelial cells
- Immortalization of fetal intestinal cells in culture with transforming oncogenes placed under the control of regulatable promoters (metallothionine, glucocorticoid) to develop better in vitro models for differentiated intestinal cells
- Post-translational regulation of digestive enzymes expression, in particular the role of stress protein gene products and degradation/processing in the endoplasmic reticulum
- identification, characterization and cDNA cloning of intestinal cytokeratins, study of keratin gene expression and its regulation during intestinal cell differentiation and development, and role of intermediate filaments in assembly and function of the brush border cytoskeleton.
Publications are listed in PubMed.
- BS 316 - Cellular Physiology